I had to take a break talking about the herbs we will grow this year to talk about spring. I want to make sure I write this down! Since Januay, I have been declaring to anyone who will lsiten; "It will be an early spring this year!" Now I am not just saying this because I wish it to be true. I have evidence!
(1) I saw robins in January. While I hear everyone marveling at seeing their first robin in early March, I stopped my car and watched 3 robins on my neighbors lawn in January 2010. This is March in Wisconsin people.
(2) My dog is shedding an unusual amount. I swear she has shed her weight in dog hair in the past 3 months.
(3.) Those nasty beetles are back. Oh they look all cute like a lady bug, but I am not fooled.
(4) The spiders are on the OUTSIDE of the house, not just lurking in the corners where I failed to dust.
(5) And finally, I have the ultimate proof! I walked out to the garden and to my surprise many of my herbs were green and growing. Garlic as high as 6". Oregano, Thyme, Lemon Balm - all green. Parsley is everywhere and beautiful. Even the raspberry bushes have new beautiful growth.
Yes, despite the forecast of snow in the next few days, I am convinced of an early spring. I hope mother nature protects my early plants.
No comments:
Post a Comment